Online Gifted In-Field Endorsement
Are you interested in adding the Gifted In-Field Endorsement to your current Georgia teaching certificate? The four online courses are offered on a regular schedule and you can complete the endorsement in a timely manner. This endorsement is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC).
Valdosta State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor's, master's, educational specialist, and doctoral degrees.
The Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (formerly National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) has accredited the Dewar College of Education and Human Services as the unit primarily responsible for the preparation of teachers and other professional school personnel. All of the programs housed within the college, as well as the art, music, and foreign language education programs, are approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
ALL certified teachers are welcome to enroll in the program and take the courses but it may not lead to an endorsement in your state. Please check with your state certification office.
All courses use the Desire2Learn online platform.
Four courses are required (by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission) for the Gifted In-Field Endorsement:
- PSYG 5610 Nature and Need of Children Who Are Talented and Gifted
- PSYG 6600 Methods and Materials for Children Who Are Talented and Gifted
- PSYG 6620 Curriculum for Children Who Are Talented and Gifted
- PSYG 7600 Assessment of Children Who Are Talented and Gifted
Future course offerings:
- Fall 2014 - PSYG 6600 and PSYG 6620 (current semester in-progress)
- Spring 2015 - PSYG 5610 and PSYG 7600
- Summer 2015 - PSYG 6600 and PSYG 6620
- Fall 2015 - PSYG 5610 and PSYG 7600