Teacher Education Admission Requirements
The following requirements must be satisfied for admission into the Health and Physical Education teacher education program:
- Declare the major as Health and Physical Education.
- Have earned at least 45 semester hours.
- Have achieved the overall GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Earned a grade of "C" or higher in ENGL 1101 and ENGL 1102; credit by exam assumes a grade of "C" or higher.
- Have passed GACE Program Admission Assessment or exempted with scores of SAT-1000 (Verbal and Math), ACT-43 (English and Math), CLAST(minimum scores of Essay-6, English Language-295, Reading-295, and Mathematics-295), GRE before August 1, 2011- 1030 (Verbal and Quantitative) and GRE on or after August 1, 2011 - 297 (Verbal and Quantitative)
- Successful completion of KSPE 2999.
- Undergo a criminal background check at your local police or sheriff's department processed under Purpose Code W. Present a current copy (no older than a year) of the results to the COE Student Advising Center in room 1020 in the Dewar College of Education. You can also obtain a criminal background check from the Valdosta City Police Station (500 North Toombs Street)- takes about a week to process or the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office (120 Prison Farm Road)- processes while you wait. For further information concerning the criminal background check read about moral turpitude.
- Have professional liability insurance. Insurance can be purchased online. SPAGE and GAE are acceptable.
Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698