Committee on Committees
Dewar College of Education and Human Services
The Committee on Committees is a Statutory Committee of the COEHS as mandated by the COEHS Policy and Procedures.
- oversees elections of members to the Faculty Senate and other University committees as directed by the Faculty Senate Committee on Committees.
- oversees elections of general faculty members to COEHS statutory and standing committees and other task forces as directed by the COEHS Executive Committee.insures the composition of all college statutory and standing committees meets the membership and term requirements specified by the individual committee’s operating procedures.
- insures the integrity of departmental elections for college level statutory and standing committees. Departmental representatives on college statutory and standing committees will be elected by the faculty of the individual departments.
- compiles college committee rosters from the results of departmental elections and Dean’s appointments.
- presents statutory and standing committee rosters to the COEHS Executive Committee no later than September 15--the COEHS Executive Committee ratifies the membership of all COEHS committees, unless such membership is elected by the general faculty.
- oversees the filling of any committee vacancy during the academic year. A replacement must be selected in the same manner as outlined in the committee operating procedures.
- reviews all Standing Committees annually to determine whether overlap or duplication exists among the committees and will report to the COEHS Executive Committee at its last meeting of the spring semester.
The committee is composed of one member from each COEHS department. A member of the Dean's staff will serve as a non-voting ex-officio.