Nevins Hall, Room 1004 1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Bachelor of Art in Criminal Justice
- To develop in students an understanding and appreciation of the structure and function of the criminal justice system as it applies to adults and juveniles, federal, state, and local criminal laws and procedures, and the relationship of these to the Constitution of the United States.
- To understand the criminal justice systems of other countries in the world.
- To apply scientific research techniques and related statistical techniques in the study of crime.
- To develop an understanding of various theories in criminology, their strengths and weaknesses, and their role in gaining an understanding of crime.
- To build a base of knowledge regarding the nature of correctional rehabilitation methods and the ways these are applied.