Front Desk Worker (Governors Honor Program) Application
Valdosta State University is host to the Governor’s Honors Program. The camp participants are the top 10% of high school juniors and seniors from around the state of Georgia. GHP occupies Langdale and Georgia halls. As the GHP front desk worker, you will work the 11pm – 7am desk shifts in the two halls. The GHP desk worker position begins late-June and ends mid-July.
Duties and Areas of Responsibilities
• Administrative Tasks
• Inventory condition of lobby area
• Report maintenance issues
• Work front desk
• Monitor lobby area and front doors
• Serve as a representative of Valdosta State University
• Act as a resource for GHP staff and participants Qualities of Successful GHP Front Desk Worker
• Positive attitude
• Ability to stay alert during long, late night shifts
• Attention to detail
• Desire to have a fun summer
Selection Timeline Summer 2013
February 21, 2013 Applications available online & residence hall front desks
March 1, 2013 Applications due to the Housing office by 12 pm
March 7 – 12, 2013 Signup for interviews through email (not all applicants may get an interview)
March 25 – March 29 Interviews
April 5, 2013 Notification of status sent to candidates via email
June 2013 Employment begins (exact date TBD)
In addition to the Housing staff application, you will also need to fill out the online application with the Student Employment Office . Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Apply Now! Please submit completed Housing staff application to Tisheika Snow (firstname.lastname@example.org).