Helpdesk (Odum Library)
901 N. Patterson Street
Old Georgia Power Building
(Corner of E. Gordon and N. Patterson St.)
South of the Continuing Education Building
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
In September, 2013, VSU began implementing Cisco VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology to replace existing campus telephone lines to provide advanced telephone features. This technology will utilize data connections similar to a computer. Please note, even though precautions have been taken to allow continued phone service for approximately 20 minutes in a power outage, it is critical to know the location of analog phones within your building in an emergency.
- Phone Features - Overview of features provided by the Cisco VoIP system.
- Training Orientation - PowerPoint guide on using the Cisco VoIP phone and related functions.
- Cisco Quick Guides - Brief reference guides explaining phone icons and softkeys.
- Speed Dial and Line Settings - Guide on setting up speed dial numbers and configuring line settings for call forwarding and other options.
- Jabber - Offers information on the Cisco instant messaging system.