Other E-Mail Platforms
Windows Live e-mail, contacts, and calendars can be synchronized to your desktop e-mail client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook) and most mobile phones. To get started, go over the first-time users guide for your e-mail platform. For more advanced guides, visit our advanced guides for e-mail clients. If you cannot get these platforms to work immediately, use the web interface in the mean time.
- PC (Windows)
- Mac (Mac OS)
- Mobile Devices
- Other / Unsupported Platforms: These e-mail client offer Windows Live mail support only. Calendars and address books are not supported. Substitute SSL in place of TLS when referring to these guides. Substitute pod51004 in place of pod51000 when referring to these guides.
- Recovering Deleted Items
- Turning Off Delivery Report
- Sharing Calendars Within Outlook
- Adding a Contact
- Turning on AutoArchiving of E-mails
- Creating and Using a Contact Group (Distribution List)
- Creating a Signature
- Forwarding a Message as an Attachment
- Downloading Message Headers
- Overlaying Calendars
- Removing Add-Ins
- Blocking Senders
- Showing My Contacts Instead of the Whole Network
- Prompt for Logon Credentials
- Email Limit Workaround
- Symptoms: Unable to send E-mails to more than 500 recipients a day.
- Removing Profiles
- Symptoms: When setting up Outlook, you are prompted to create a new profile.
- Displaying All Messages
- Symptoms: A number of received messages are no longer available in Outlook.
- Adding @valdosta.edu to the Safe Senders List
- Symptoms: E-mail send from Valdosta State University addresses are sent to the Junk Mail folder.
- Unblocking Senders
- Symptoms: E-mails from a particular address never appear in Outlook
- Clearing Auto-Complete (MRU) Lists
- Symptoms: When sending an e-mail, you receive an e-mail reply "The e-mail address you entered could not be found."
Features:Back to Top