- When will Valdosta State University move to Office 365?
- What new features and packages are included in Office 365?
- What are my username and password for logging into Office 365?
- Can I continue to access my VSU email address after I am no longer employed by the university?
- What are the limits to what I can send and store in Office 365?
- Is Office 365 a replacement for Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013?
- Can I change my display name or email address on Office 365?
Valdosta State University migrated from Windows Live email system to Office 365 on June 11, 2013.
- Email - After the migration, we continue to use Web Outlook to check our email.
- SharePoint - SharePoint in Office 365 is Microsoft's replacement for SkyDrive in Windows Live. You can use it to share files online and edit documents using Microsoft Office Web Apps.
After migration to Office 365, you no longer use a separate unique set of credentials to log into your email. Instead, you use your Active Directory username and password (the same username and password you use to log onto campus computers and BlazeVIEW). The benefit of this change is that users have one less set of credentials to need to keep track of. If you do not know your Active Directory username and password, please use our Self-Service Password Reset Tool. It will allow you to look up your username and set your password.
After you discontinue employment with the university, you will have a 45 day grace period in order to move email or re-assign projects. After this grace period, the account will be deleted.
- Emails can be no larger than 25 MB in size.
- Each email may have no more than 500 recipients.
- You may send emails to no more than 10,000 recipients per day..
- You may store no more than 50 GB of email in your account.
For more details, please visit Microsoft's article describing Message and Recipient Limits.
Office 365 replaces the email and collaboration tools found in Windows Live. It does not replace copies of Office 2010 found in campus computer labs and offices. Office 2013, on the other hand, is a replacement for the Office 2010 product. However, students, faculty and staff are able to access the Microsoft Office Web Apps through their Office 365 SharePoint account.
- Students - After you have submitted the proper legal name change paperwork to Office of the Registrar, please contact us, and we can change the display name on an account (eg. Jan E. Brady) to match the name shown in Banner. New email addresses or Active Directory account usernames cannot be issued.
Faculty\Staff - After you have submitted the proper legal name change paperwork to Office of the Registrar, please contact us, and we can change the display name (eg. Jan E. Brady) to match the name shown in Banner. Upon request, we can alternatively create a new email account and corresponding Active Directory username with both a new address (eg. email@example.com) and display name (eg. Jan E. Brady). Please note that doing so may take some time, and likewise, you will be responsible for backing up email from the old account and importing it into new account.