Welcome to Office 365 Guides
Office 365 is an all-in-one communications and collaboration platform for university faculty, staff and students. Features include email, instant messaging, and document sharing.
What's New? (8/18/14):
Microsoft has enabled us to add new features and resources to our instance of Office 365:
- 1TB OneDrive for Business: each student, faculty, and staff now has access to one terabyte, 1TB (1,000GB), of OneDrive for Business cloud storage, as well as Web Apps for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote, by using the MyVSU portal from the VSU home page and navigating to VSU Email and selecting the OneDrive link from the top of the Office 365 Outlook page. Each account’s mailbox was also increased to 50GB earlier this year.
- Student Advantage: all students have also received the Microsoft Student Advantage, allowing each student to install Office 2013 (or Office 2011 for Macs) on up to five computers and Office mobile app on five devices. Please click here for installation steps.
- Office 2013 Work At Home for Faculty and Staff: Faculty and staff may purchase “Work At Home” media to install Office 2013 on personal equipment. VSU-owned equipment can be upgraded to Office 2013 by request from Information Technology.
For additional details related to these new features, please click the appropriate link below:
- Learn more about OneDrive for Business
- Student Advantage Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Install Office 2013 with Office 365
- First-Time Users Guide - This guide is designed to provide the steps for accessing your VSU email account for the first time.
- Guides for Web Outlook - These guides provide steps for using features in the VSU email website, such as spam filtering and calendars.
- Guides for Email Platforms - These guides provide steps for setting up VSU e-mail accounts on an email client program (Outlook) and mobile devices.
- Reporting Suspicious Emails - VSU email accounts are protected by Microsoft Forefront. This guide will walk you through the steps of reporting spam and other suspicious emails to Microsoft to improve future filtering for our university.
- Self-Service Password Reset - Is this your first time using Office 365 or have you forgotten your password? Use this tool to set a new password.