Retiree Resource Page
Welcome to the Retiree Resource Page
This page is designed to provide you with quick access to information you need to know after you retire from VSU.
Learn how you can become involved by visiting the Retirees Association web page.
Retiree Billing Policy
Retirees, employees on leave status, and COBRA participants are continued on the institution's benefit programs upon request and are required to remit premiums for coverage on a monthly basis. These premiums are billed at the close of each month. However, premiums are paid in advance.
Please contact Shared Services for billing information.
You may contact the SSC Call Center via:
- Phone Support: 1-855-214-2644 Toll Free
- eMail Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Support: http://answers.ssc.usg.edu
Where appropriate, coverage may be canceled based on non-payment of premiums or other qualifying circumstances. Participants will be notified when coverage is to be terminated.
2016 Open Enrollment Benefits Updates
Changes for 2016!
In 2016, secondary healthcare coverage for Medicare-eligible retirees and dependents (age 65 and over) will be provided through a retiree healthcare exchange option. As part of this change, USG will make contributions to a health reimbursement account, which you can use to pay premiums and out-of-pocket healthcare-related expenses.
- If you are a Medicare eligible retiree but your spouse is not, then you will need to go to the AON Retiree Exchange to select a health/pharmacy plan but your spouse will remain on present billing.
- If you are a non-Medicare eligible retiree BUT your spouse is Medicare eligible, then you will need to make any changes (if desired) during the employee Open Enrollment period Nov 2-13, but your spouse would need to go to the AON Retiree Health Exchange to select a health plan.
- If you and your spouse are Medicare eligible then you will both need to go to the AON Retiree Health Exchange and select a health plan for 2016. All other benefits that you are paying will remain with USG and you will continue to be billed for them.
- IF YOU ARE A MEDICARE ELIGIBLE RETIREE OR A MEDICARE ELIGIBLE SPOUSE OF A RETIREE AND YOU DO NOT GO TO THE AON RETIREE EXCHANGE AND ELECT COVERAGE, then your current coverage will cancel December 31, 2015 and you will not be eligible to get coverage for 2016 OR to elect coverage for the future.
Find out more information about the 2016 Retiree Exchange.
- Insurance Premium Draft Authorization
- Medicare Fact Sheet
- Voluntary Retirement Form
- Working After Retirement
Social Security has a new online retirement application. It’s so easy!
You can apply for retirement benefits from the comfort of your home or office at www.socialsecurity.gov. There’s no need to drive to your local Social Security office or wait for an appointment with a Social Security representative. You can complete the new online retirement application in as little as 15 minutes.