Payments on Student Accounts by Third Parties
If an approved company or organization will be responsible for paying all or part of a student’s term charges, this is called a Third Party Billing arrangement. Valdosta State University requires a “Billing Authorization” from the company or organization in order to set up a Third Party Contract. The Billing Authorization must include:
- An itemized list of charges the third party desires to pay. If there is a maximum amount the third party will pay for any/all of these charges it must be listed, also.
- The student’s full name and student identification number
- An itemized list of all financial aid that must be applied to the student’s term charges prior to billing the third party. (For example, SEOG Grant, Pell Grant, Hope Scholarship, Stafford Loan, etc.)
- Signature of an official authorized to obligate payment of the organization
- The name, billing address, email address, and telephone number of the contact person at the company/organization that is responsible for payment
- Special invoicing requirements (if any) requested by the third party
The Billing Authorization must be received by the Third Party Accountant in the VSU Bursary by the fee payment deadline. The Authorization may be faxed to (229) 259-2051 or emailed to ensure it arrives by the fee payment deadline; however, an original must follow in the mail. Authorizations should be mailed to the address listed below:
Third Party Accountant
VSU Student Financial Services - Bursary
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Important Points to Remember:
- A new Billing Authorization must be submitted each semester.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure the Authorization is received by the fee payment deadline.
- The student will be responsible for payment of all charges the third party declines to pay.
- If the third party allows the University to bill for books and/or supplies on the student’s behalf, a Bookstore charge account will be created. The Bookstore charge account will have a specific activation date and expiration date. The student must present his/her VSU 1Card (student ID) when making charges to the account.
- Upon receipt of the completed Billing Authorization, the Student Account will be updated to reflect the pending payment amount. If a balance remains on the Student Account, the student must pay this balance by the fee payment deadline.
- An itemized invoice will be mailed to the third party billing address listed on the Billing Authorization. Payment is due in full immediately upon receipt of the invoice.
- Payment to Valdosta State cannot be contingent upon grades or completion of courses.
Examples of Third Party Companies/Organizations:
- Prepaid College Plans (Instructions for using Florida Prepaid at VSU)
- Post 9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
- Tuition Assistance (TA) for U.S. military
If you have any questions, please contact Katrina Whitmore or call the University Bursary at 229-333-5725 or 1-800-618-1878 (option 6).