Management Certificate Program
This curriculum program is intended for frontline supervisors (manages individual contributors) and mid-level managers (manages other managers). If you are not currently a supervisor, but would like to participate, you must also submit two letters of recommendation.
Prior to beginning the program, all participants must complete an application.
*Now accepting applications for our Spring 2016 Management Certificate Program cohort
This program has 6 required core courses and a minimum of 12 hours of elective classes (selected based on the needs of each individual). A program participant must complete all core courses and elective hours in order to graduate. Certificate is provided by Valdosta State University Continuing Education Department.
Cohort size - minimum of 8 and a maximum of 20 individuals per class.
This is formulated to be a two-year program, with all your required courses and electives having been taken within two years of your application to the program. Courses are offered so that you can complete the program within a year.
All courses are designed using Adult Learning Principles and contain elements of group discussion, homework assignments and a pass/fail test after each course. Tests will not only assess knowledge learned but skills and
abilities demonstrated. Some course content will be delivered online.
- Fundamentals of Management and Supervision (offered Fall term/6 hours)
- HR 101 (hybrid course) (offered Fall term/6 hours)
- Coaching for Success (offered Fall term/3 contact hours)
- Service Excellence: Management Issues & Strategies (offered Fall term/ 3 hours)
- Leading a Diverse Workforce (offered Summer term/3.5 hours)
- Conflict Management for Leaders (offered Spring term/ 4 hours)
Electives Courses this Semester:
Leading the Generations to Success
Navigating the Personality Maze
Career Planning and Development
Three L's of Leadership
Classes vary in length from 1/2 day to full-day courses. Most are 1/2 day courses.
- How to Hire the Right Person (Spring term)
- Workplace Violence (varies)
- Building a Team and Motivating Your Workforce (Summer term)
- Guiding Your Staff Through Change (Summer term)
- Effective Meeting Management (Spring term)
- Business Writing (Summer term)
- Presentation Skills
- Delivering Effective Performance Appraisals (Spring term)
- Employment Law (under development)
- Lean Six Sigma Series (Spring term)
- Additional electives may be selected from the list of courses offered by Employee and Organizational Development. Class must have a leadership or management emphasis.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 259-5105, or send us a message.