Management Certificate Program
Prior to beginning the program all participants must complete an application. If you are not currently a supervisor, but would like to participate, you must also submit two letters of recommendation.
This curriculum program is intended for frontline supervisors (manages individual contributors) and mid-level managers(manages other managers).
This program has 6 required core courses and a minimum of 12 hours of elective classes (selected based on the needs of each individual). A program participant must complete all core courses and elective hours in order to graduate. Certificate is provided by Valdosta State University Continuing Education Department.
Cohort size - minimum of 8 and a maximum of 20 individuals per class.
This is formulated to be a two-year program, with all your required courses and electives having been taken within two years of your application to the program.
All courses are designed using Adult Learning Principles and contain elements of group discussion, homework assignments and a pass/fail test after each course. Tests will not only assess knowledge learned but skills and
abilities demonstrated. Some course content will be delivered online.
- Fundamentals of Management and Supervision (formerly titled Foundations)
- HR 101 (new hybrid course)
- Conflict Management (formerly titled Communication and Conflict Management)
- Coaching for Performance & Career Development (formerly titled Leading & Developing Others)
- Customer Service: Management Issues & Strategies
- Leading a Diverse Workforce
- Documenting Effectiveness
- Leading the Generations to Success
- Organization and Time Management (formerly titled Working Smarter, Not Harder)
- Retention Strategies for Managers
- How to Hire the Right Person
- Workplace Violence
- Building a Team and Motivating Your Workforce
- Fundamentals of Budgeting
- FISH: Energizing Your Workplace
- Handling Unacceptable Employee Behavior (Skillpath Seminar)
- Guiding Your Staff Through Change
- Effective Meeting Management
- Business Writing
- Presentation Skills
- Delivering Effective Performance Appraisals
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)
- Employment Law
- Lean Six Sigma Series
- Strategic Planning
- How to Turn Conflict into Collaboration
- Additional electives may be selected from the list of courses offered by Employee and Organizational Development. Class must have a leadership or management emphasis.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 259-5105, or send us a message.