THE FIRST DAY YOU MOVE FALL FINANCIAL AID FROM YOUR BANNER STUDENT ACCOUNT TO YOUR FLEX ACCOUNT IS August 8, 2013. THE LAST DAY IS August 21, 2013 at 2:00 p.m. YOU MUST DO SO ONLINE, BY LOGGING INTO YOUR BANNER STUDENT ACCOUNT.
FUNDS DEPOSITED ON FLEX VIA CREDIT CARD MAY BE UTILIZED AT ANY TIME.
FLEX ACCOUNT FACTS
- Valdosta State University offers a campus debit account known as the FLEX account.
- The FLEX account is separate from your Banner student account, which is managed by Student Financial Services/Bursary.
- It is also separate from the Dining/Meal Plan accounts.
- The VSU 1Card and it's accounts/privileges may only be used by the cardholder whose name, photo and ID number appear on the card.
- FLEX deposits are not automatic. If you wish to utilize excess financial aid through a FLEX account, you must do so by logging into your Banner student account and transferring funds yourself.
- All credit card deposits must be made online.
- If you attempt to make a FLEX deposit and have insufficient funds in your student account, have a returned check or a denied credit card a hold will be placed on your student account. This may result in dropped classes and you will be held responsible for repayment of any goods or services received.
- Contact the VSU Bookstore at 229-333-5666 for questions regarding their use of the VSU 1Card FLEX account.
Instructions for Transferring Funds to FLEX
- Check the dates you may deposit excess financial aid to FLEX as these dates change each semester.
- Login to your student account in Banner and subtract matriculation and all other fees from the financial aid awarded to you. This should determine whether or not you have any excess funds.
- Any class or fee changes will affect the results. (Matriculation, meal plans, housing, parking decals/fines, lab fees, etc. are automatically deducted first with no exceptions.)
- If you do not have excess funds in your student account please do not attempt to add funds to your FLEX account. You will have to deposit funds into FLEX with a credit card, check or cash. Trying to move funds that are not available will result in a hold on your student account and possibly dropped classes.
- If you do have excess funds in your student account, designate the desired available amount and follow the instructions in Banner.
- Wait approximately 30 minutes for your funds to be available for use. Delays are normal during the first week of each semester.
- Confirmations of FLEX account funds, account balance inquiries, transaction history and card suspension must be done through our Online Card Office or in person.