Goal: $20.9 Million
- VSU seeks to dramatically enhance its ability to recruit, retain and graduate high-achieving students.
- To accomplish this goal, it must significantly increase the number and dollar amount of scholarship offerings.
- Increased scholarship opportunities allow VSU to recruit and retain ambitious, motivated scholars who are successful in the classroom and are engaged leaders across campus.
- First-year retention rates for scholarship students are 81%, an impressive 13 points higher than the first-year retention rates for all first-time students.
- 85% of VSU students are on some sort of financial aid.
- Investing in scholarships helps provide students with the funding required to enroll or to stay in school.
- Scholarships have the ability to allow students to experience opportunities that would otherwise be missed.
|Approximate costs per year:|
|Tuition & Fees||$7,162 (for out of state, add $12,896)|
|Residence Hall||$4,072 – $5,040|
|Total||$16,226 – $17,194|