Welcome to Valdosta State University
The Office of Extended Learning and Center for eLearning, in conjunction with many other VSU departments, is pleased to announce the new Orientation for Online Students.
The orientation program is geared toward new VSU online students and is integrated into the current MyVSU Student Portal. We hope this product will empower entering online learners with the knowledge and resources they need to successfully complete the enrollment process and navigate university systems and offices. The orientation will remain available to learners throughout their studies – providing students with a resource they can use throughout their time at VSU.
In order to provide a personalized experience, the orientation is designed to identify characteristics of the student entering the portal and display content relevant to that student. While many portions of the orientation are applicable to all VSU students, some content will selectively display to certain relevant student populations. For example, undergraduate students will have access to content specifically for undergraduate students, and graduate students will have access to content specifically for graduate students.
Access the Orientation for Online Students:
- Login to the MyVSU Portal (available from the top-right of most VSU webpages)
- Login with your VSU email address.
- If you do not know your VSU email address, please review the IT Helpdesk tutorials to access your organizational account.
- Click the link for Orientation for Online Students; you may need to search for the option by completing the following steps:
- Select: the Gear in the upper-right corner of your list
- Either search for "Orientation for Online Students" or clear the search criteria and a list will appear
- Select "Orientation for Online Students"
- Note: If you select the + symbol to the right of the name, it will save to your default list
- A new tab/window will open with the orientation welcome.
- Proceed through the orientation using the 'Previous' or 'Next' buttons near the bottom of the page.
- The orientation will remember where you left off during your last session, so you won't lose Modules or Quizzes you have already answered.
- Orientation Video
- Embedded Quiz Features
- Learning Management System Intro
- Financial Aid
- Paying Tuition and Fees
- Adult and Military Programs
- IT Helpdesk
- Student Policy Resources
- Academic Calendars
Additional key stakeholders in this project are the Orientation Office, Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions, Registrar, Centralized Advising Center, Access Office, Financial Aid, Bursary, Library, Information Technology, Web Services, and Enrollment Management.
Contact our Online Student Success Support Team.