This webpage gives you an introduction to Nursing Research resources.
- When you are off-campus, log in through Anywhere Access with your BlazeVIEW username & password to get into the databases.
Research Strategies & Tools
Recognizing the Research Article
- What is a primary research article?
A primary research article reports on original research and findings.
Primary research articles have the following sections:
- Introduction/Literature Review
Evaluate the Evidence
Retrieving the Articles
- Locating bound & current print journals in Odum Library
- Use interlibrary loan at ILL- Odum Express to request articles or books not owned by Odum Library. When logging in the first time, you'll need to complete free registration in order to make interlibrary loan requests.
Finding Books and Other Materials
- GIL-Find@VSU—searches for books and other materials by keyword, title, author, subject, and other fields.
- GIL-Find Tutorial (guide)
- GIL Universal Catalog—expands the Classic GIL@VSU catalog to search for and request books from all University System of Georgia libraries. GIL Express allows you to have those books delivered to any USG library within 3-6 days.
- GIL Universal Catalog / GIL Express (guide)
- The GIL Universal Catalog allows you to search for library books across the University System of Georgia. GIL Express allows you to have those books delivered to any USG library within 2-5 days.
- eBooks—the box on the left hand side of the page has links to eBooks by ebrary, EBSCOhost, and Safari.
Using APA Citation Style
Request Research Assistance on the Live Chat webpage
- Live Chat: chat online with a VSU Librarian.
- Text your question to a librarian at 229.234.1947.
- Schedule a Research Consultation to work one-on-one with a reference librarian.
- Phone the Reference Desk at 229.333.7149.
- Visit the reference desk in person.