S.G.C.E. American Literature
This webpage provides you with links to library resources, to assist with your research.
Guide for South Georgia College Students @ VSU Library (this guide tells you how to check out books, access library computers, and use Odum Library electronic resources and databases).
- GIL-FIND@VSU Library Catalog—find books, videos, scores, and other items in Odum Library's catalog and easily narrow your results by format, author, language, etc.
- GIL-Find Tutorial (guide)
- eBooks—the box on the left hand side of the page has links to eBooks by Netbook, ebrary, and Safari.
You will find print reference sources for literature in both the main reference collection and the "reference alcove."
- Gale Literary Index
- Use the Gale Literary Index to search Gale literature reference books found in the Odum Library Reference Collection. Use the library's online catalog to locate these items. An excellent source for biographical and critical essays.
General online reference sources:
Online reference sources for literature (for example, author biographies) include:
A reminder about accessing Odum Library materials from off-campus via "Anywhere Access."
- MLA Bibliography
- Literature Online Reference Edition
- Literary Reference Center
- Research Library
- Getting Your Hands on the Articles (guide)—shows paths to getting articles in print, online full text, or by interlibrary loan request.
Dissertations & Theses
MLA Style and Citation Resources
- Research & Documentation Online (dianahacker.com)
- Formatting in MLA Style (Purdue Online Writing Lab)
- Odum Library Citation Guides
- VSU Student Success Center—can provide in-person assistance and tutoring for citation help.
- Avoiding Plagiarism and Mastering the Art of Scholarship (University of California, Davis)
- Avoiding Plagiarism (Purdue Online Writing Lab)
- A short video about Plagiarism (and its unpleasant consequences)
Full text E-books—These sources, which are freely available online, may also be of use to you.
More Help from Odum Library
- Anywhere Access—log in to Anywhere Accesswith your BlazeView username and password to use library resources while off-campus.
- Live Chat —every possible way to contact a Reference Librarian, including online chat, text message, email, phone, or visiting us in person during reference desk hours.
- Schedule a research consultation with a librarian for in-depth help