ACED Doctoral Student Guide
This webpage aims to connect you to resources to assist you in your research.
- Getting Started (video guide)
- Anywhere Access
- Log in to Anywhere Access to use library resources while off-campus.
- Live Chat
- The Live Chat page shows ways to contact a Reference Librarian. Contact methods include online chat, text message, email, phone, or visiting us in person during normal reference desk hours.
- Schedule a research consultation with a librarian for in-depth help
- With this online form, you may request an appointment with a reference librarian for assistance with your research. We request 48 hours' notice to allow time for scheduling.
- Locate books in the Odum Library
- Search for Library of Congress Subject Headings
- ILL (Inter-Library Loan)
- Odum Library subject guide for Education
Print Reference Materials
You will find print reference sources in both the main reference collection and the "reference alcove." Please ask the Reference Librarian on duty at the reference desk for assistance in finding materials.
Online Reference Sources
Finding Databases to search for Scholarly Articles
- Go to the library home page (www.valdosta.edu/academics/library/).
- Click on the Articles tab, if it is not already selected.
- Click the arrow for the drop menu located under Articles & Databases by Subject to reach subject pages for VSU majors. For instance, you'll find links to many databases for English and Composition have links on the English subject page.
Is a Journal Peer-Reviewed?
- To check whether or not a journal is peer-reviewed, use: Ulrichs
Recommended Databases for Education
- Specific Databases
- General Databases
- Dissertations & Theses
NOTE: You will need to login through Anywhere Access or know the GALILEO password if you are off campus.
Help with getting articles full-text or in print
Other Skills and Resources