- When you are off-campus, log in through Anywhere Access with your BlazeVIEW username & password to get into the databases.
Research Strategies & Guides
- Boolean, Truncation & Wildcard (Odum Library guide)
- Constructing a Search Strategy (Odum Library guide)
- Mapping Your Topic (Odum Library guide)
Find the Evidence using Library Databases
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
- ProQuest Nursing and Allied Health Source
Recognizing the Research Article
- What is a primary research article?
A primary research article reports on original research and findings.
Primary research articles have the following sections:
- Introduction/Literature Review
- VSU Peer Review Guide
Retrieving the Articles
- Getting Electronic Journal Articles Full Text (Odum Library Guide)
- Locating bound & current print journals in Odum Library
- Bound periodicals are located on the 1st floor of Odum Library.
- Current periodicals are located on the 1st floor of Odum Library. Don't forget to lift up the shelf if you are looking for previous months' issues.
- Use ILL- Odum Express to request articles, or books, not owned by Odum Library.
- Distance students, defined as students living outside Lowndes county and not taking any courses on-campus, may request articles located in print at the library and books through ILL-Odum Express. Visit the Document Delivery FAQ page for more information.
Request Research Assistance on the Live Chat webpage
- Live Chat, chat online with a VSU Librarian
- Text your question to a librarian at 229.234.1947
- Schedule a Research Consultation to work one-on-one with a reference librarian
- Phone the Reference Desk at 229.333.7149
- Visit the reference desk in person
Your Opinion Matters!
Please click on the link below and tell us what you thought of this Library Instruction session.