1500 N. Patterson St. Valdosta, Georgia 31698
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
Odum Library 3D Printer Policies
- The 3D printer is available for use by current students, faculty, and staff of Valdosta State University
- The printer may be used for academic and non-academic uses, but academic projects will take priority over non-academic ones.
- Printing costs $2 per hour of print time as calculated by the Makerbot and $.10 per gram of print weight as calculated by Makerware. (0-1 hrs = $2, 1hr 1 min – 2hrs = $4, etc…)
- All use of the 3D printer is done at the risk of the user.
- The user will be responsible for covering all materials costs whether or not the print completes properly.
- Media Services is acting as a facilitator to provide access to the 3D printer, their staff do not necessarily have the skills to assist you with its operation.
- All use time on the 3D printer must be reserved in advance.
- Anyone wishing to use the printer must register for an online training course covering basics of 3D printing and policies governing the use of the printer and pass the quiz in the course.
- No firearms or other weapons may be created using the printer.
- All objects printed on the 3D printer must not violate the Media Center’s Copyright Policy.