GoVIEW is the University System of Georgia collaborative online course system, and is a compliment to BlazeVIEW, the online course system at Valdosta State University. Since GoVIEW is operated as a collaborative, you may be enrolled in course sections along with students from other institutions in the University System of Georgia. As an online student at VSU, you may be taking some online courses that are hosted on GoVIEW, and others that are hosted on BlazeVIEW depending on your online degree major and your level of progress in the program.
How to login to GoVIEW (pdf version):
- From MyVSU (available from most of the VSU webpages in the top-right) search for GoVIEW using the cog/search icon if not automatically available, or from our VSU Courses in GoVIEW webpage, click the Login to GoVIEW button to go directly to the GoVIEW login page.
- Your GoVIEW username, if you are taking Graduate Collaborative or eCore courses, is the first part of your VSU e-mail address (before @valdosta.edu), followed by _vsu. Example: Jane A. Smith's email address is: email@example.com; her GoVIEW username is janesmith_vsu, John A. Doe's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org; his GoVIEW username is: jadoe_vsu. If you are taking European Union (EU) courses your login will your first name_last name_vsu. Example: John Doe's would be john_doe_vsu.
- Use the ‘Forgot Password’ option to have a password reset e-mail sent to your institution e-mail address*. This email comes from a DONOTREPLY email address, so make sure you check your junk and SPAM email folders. Once you’ve reset your password, you can login to GoVIEW
- Please remember you will not have access to your courses until the first day of class, and your course access will end approximately 60 days after the end of the course. Be sure to download and save any information you may need later before your course access ends.
- Within GoVIEW, you will see a Support link near the top-right of the page. Click the down arrow next to Support to see links for the Browser Checker, D2L Help Center, GoHelp, Help, and Maintenance areas.
- Use the Browser Checker to help ensure your Internet Browser works with D2L.
- Use the D2L Help Center to search their D2L Knowledge Base for tips on getting started, student support, and more. Live phone support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year; please reach out for help if needed.
- Use GoHelp to learn more about the Learning Environment, including Getting Started, Accessibility, Discussions, Dropbox, Grades, and more.
- Use Help as an additional resource to find information about tools such as: Chat, Classlist, Email, Pager, and more.
- Use the Maintenance link in GoVIEW to view the upcoming scheduled maintenance dates. GoVIEW is typically offline every other Friday evening from 10pm until 7am Saturday morning ET, and additional scheduled and/or unexpected downtimes may occur. Please refer to Maintenance Schedule often to ensure successful completion of assignments that may be due around the maintenance time frame.
- Within your My Courses area you should see a self-paced tutorial course: VSU D2L Student Tutorial CO. Use this area to become familiar with VSU GoVIEW Support (Center for eLearning and IT Helpdesk), the learner tools within GoVIEW (including submitting to a Dropbox assignment and completing a Quiz), and access online readiness resources.
*VSU E-mail Support:
If you need help logging into your VSU e-mail account in order to complete your GoVIEW password reset
- use the Simplified Sign-On Password Reset and Synchronization Utility, or
- contact VSU’s IT Helpdesk at 229-245-4357 or email@example.com for additional assistance.
Student Help Resources:
- Trying to identify if your course is in BlazeVIEW or GoVIEW? See our Where Do I Go For My Course guide.
- How do I know if my computer will work with GoVIEW?
- D2L Help Center: Search their Knowledge Base for tips on getting started, student support, and more. Live phone support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year; please reach out for help if needed (TOLL FREE - 1-855-772-0423).
Online Success Guides, How do I: