Faculty Access to the EAS Portal
Instructions for Student Opinion of Instruction (SOI) Data Access
- Go to the EAS Portal
- Click on “Home” at the top right corner of the screen.
- If you have an existing account, log in with your username and password.
- If you do not have a login for the EAS portal, click on the link “First Time Users / Password Problems”
- Once you are successfully logged in, select “Student Opinion Inventory” from the list of Portal Areas in the right column.
- You will have access to some or all of the following reports. The links to these reports are displayed across the top of the SOI page.
- Section report - displays survey results for an individual course section
(current semester results available two weeks after the end of the
- Instructor report - displays aggregated survey results for all course sections taught by an individual instructor
- Course report - displays aggregated survey results for all sections of a course
- Course level report - displays aggregated survey results for all courses of the same subject and level
- Subject report - displays aggregated survey results for all courses of the same subject
- Department report (department head and administration only) - displays aggregated survey results for all course sections taught by all instructors within a department
- Non-Completions – displays a list of all students who have not yet completed the survey
- Within each report you will be able to select the course data you would like to view from the drop down menus at the top of the page.
- Click “Refresh report”.
- Once the report has been generated, you will see:
- Total number of students enrolled
- Total number of students withdrawn
- Overall rating score
- Detailed evaluation scores by question
- Total number of respondents
- Total number of students who declined
- Total number of responses missing
- Standard Deviation
- Number and percent of responses by answer selected (on a scale of 1 being lowest and 5 being highest)
- Survey questions (click arrow to expand) – listing of the questions used for the SOI
- SOI Comments (click arrow to expand) - contains all responses for open-ended questions 11 though 13 Note: comments have not been altered from original form in any way.
For questions or assistance with the SOI portal, please contact the IT Helpdesk at x4357.