Directions for Accessing and Completing SOI's
Please take the time to complete this important evaluation during the designated period. Student evaluations are extremely important in helping faculty members plan and revise their courses. Your responses are confidential; instructors will receive a summary of class responses after grades have been submitted and the semester has concluded. Instructors will receive information on who has not completed evaluations; however, they will have NO access to individual responses.
To access SOI forms, please take the following steps
Log into BANNER
Select “Answer a Survey”
Select the Student Opinion of Instruction (SOI) for the designated course. Be sure to check the course and instructor carefully to assure that you are completing the SOI for the correct course.
Answer the first ten questions.
The first ten questions will appear as in the example below:
Question 2: Course policies (for example, attendance, late papers) were clearly explained in the syllabus or other handouts.
- Strongly agree
- Strongly disagree
Once you have completed a question, please click on the box for the “Next Question.”
- If you need to return to a question, just use the “Back” arrow in your internet browser.
- If you are interrupted while completing the survey, click on the “Finish Later” box, and you can then access the survey later.
- DO NOT CLICK ON “SURVEY COMPLETE” UNTIL YOU HAVE ACTUALLY COMPLETED ALL THE QUESTIONS, AND DO NOT CLICK ON REMOVE SURVEY FROM LIST. ONCE YOU HAVE CLICKED ON EITHER OF THOSE RESPONSES, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE SOI AGAIN.
5. Complete Questions 11-13. These questions will ask you to type responses into the box provided; the box will expand to fit your comments.
6. Once you have completed all questions, click on “Survey
Complete.” You will not be able to access the survey again after you have
selected this option.