Adjunct Faculty Recruitment
VSU Invites Applications for Part-Time (Adjunct) Instructors
Valdosta State University maintains a roster of qualified instructors who are able to teach undergraduate or graduate courses. Part-time faculty may teach one or two classes to augment instructional needs when full-time faculty are not available. All Valdosta State University faculty share the responsibility of teaching courses at multiple levels as needed in their respective disciplines. To carry out our comprehensive mission, we seek faculty with the desire and ability to successfully engage students as they launch or continue their intellectual journey.
If you have experience teaching either in a face-to-face, online, or hybrid environment and hold an accredited graduate degree with at least 18 hours of graduate coursework in the teaching discipline, we invite you to submit an application to teach in one of following instructional areas:
- African American Studies
- Artist in Residence (Music)
- Business Administration (accounting, economics, finance, healthcare administration, international business, marketing, management, supply chain management)
- Communication Arts (speech communication, mass media, dance, theatre)
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Geosciences (geology, geography)
- Middle Grades, Secondary, Reading, and Deaf Education
- Modern and Classical Languages
- Political Science
- Psychology (general, educational, abnormal, statistical methods, industrial/organizational)
- Public Administration
- Religious Studies
- Social Work (child welfare)
To request consideration for a future course offering, apply using the links above. Candidates must submit a letter of interest, vitae, and unofficial transcripts upon application. In the event a candidate is selected to teach, the applicant must meet additional VSU conditions of employment. VSU is an equal opportunity educational employer with a strong university commitment to diversity.
To learn more about VSU's academic colleges, departments, and programs, access this webpage.
For questions about the Part-Time Faculty application process, contact the Human Resources Talent Acquisition Team at email@example.com.