The application deadline to teach in Summer 2016 is March 24, 2015.
All faculty are welcome to apply but should speak with their campus representative before submitting an application. Preference is given to full time faculty. Some part-time and adjunct professors have constraints within their contracts for teaching in the summer; these issues should be cleared with the campus representative before applying. Program Directors have the final say on selected applicants. This opportunity is open to those with and without study abroad experience.
*Click on the icon to download the application.
1. Please submit all applications as a PDF document. Items that need to be included are: EC Application, Syllabi (2- one for lower division class proposal and one for an upper division class proposal), CV, and Letter of Recommendation.
2. The European Council needs an electronic copy and a hard copy of all applications. The electronic copy of the application does not require signatures; however, the hard copy does. Candidates can email an electronic copy of the application to Beverly Vantine, the EC Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org and should also copy their campus representative. The hard copy of the application should be mailed to:
Valdosta State University
Center for International Programs
Attn: Beverly Vantine
1500 N Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
3. If a candidate is open to teaching in more than one location, please submit the application for the first choice. When submitting the electronic application to the EC Coordinator, please indicate other countries of interest in the email.
4. Both the faculty-candidate and campus representative are encouraged to keep a copy of the application with approved signatures for personal records.
If you have questions, please contact the EC Coordinator, Beverly Vantine, at email@example.com.
Forms & Waivers
- Alcohol and Drug Policy
- Acknowledgement of Alcohol and Drug Policies Form
- Participant Medical and Emergency Information Sheet
- EC Incident Report
- Faculty Guest Waiver Form
- CISI Claim Forms
- EC Memorandum of Understanding 2010
- Roles of EC Office and Campus Representatives
- EC Bylaws Final Revised 11.20.09
- Program Director Guidelines
- 2014-2015 Calendar
- EC Minutes September 2014 - Council
- EC Minutes September 2014 - Committee
- EC Minutes May 2014
- EC Minutes April 2014
- EC Minutes February 2014
- EC Minutes November 2013
- EC Minutes September 2013 - Council
- EC Minutes September 2013 - Committee
- EC Minutes May 2013
- EC Minutes February 2013 - Council
- EC Minutes February 2013 - Committee
- EC Minutes November 2012
- EC Minutes September 2012 - Council
- EC Minutes September 2012 - Committee
- EC Minutes May 2011
- EC Minutes September 2011
- EC Minutes November 2011
- ISEP Minutes November 2011
- EC Minutes February 2010