August 5, 2013
Valdosta State University Move-In
VALDOSTA – With classes slated to resume Monday, Aug. 12, new and returning Valdosta State University students will move into the residence halls Aug. 7-9. The students will move in at specific times depending on their assigned residence hall and floor. Designated times are:
Wednesday, Aug. 7 (Georgia, Reade and Patterson Halls)
• 8 a.m. to noon – Patterson Hall (all floors)
• 8 to 11 a.m. - Reade Hall (all floors)
• 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. - Georgia Hall (first, third and fifth floors)
• Noon to 3 p.m. - Georgia Hall (second, fourth and sixth floors)
Thursday, Aug. 8 (Brown, Langdale and Lowndes Halls)
• 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. - Langdale Hall (first, third and fifth floors)
• Noon to 3 p.m. - Langdale Hall (second and fourth floors) and Brown Hall (all residents)
Freshman Unloading Zones
Georgia Hall: Use Georgia Avenue and unload curbside
Langdale Hall: Use café lot and the Langdale timed lot
Patterson Hall and Brown Hall: Use the main entrance to campus off Patterson Street
Reade Hall: Use the area between the Bailey Science Center and Powell Hall
Friday, Aug. 9 (Centennial, Converse, Hopper and Langdale Halls)
• 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. - Centennial Hall (all floors)
• 8:30 to 11 a.m. - Hopper Hall (first and fourth floors), Lowndes Hall (all residents) and Converse Hall (all residents)
• 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. - Hopper Hall (second and third floors)
Upperclassman Unloading Zones
Centennial Hall: Use Centennial circle, street side parking off Sustella Avenue and Sustella Street parking deck
Converse Hall: Use the Hopper turnaround
Hopper Hall: Use the Hopper turnaround
Lowndes Hall: Use the main entrance to campus off Patterson Street
To make move-in day as efficient as possible, students should move vehicles to the Oak Street parking deck immediately after all belongings have been unloaded. Shuttle buses will continuously run from the Oak Street parking deck to main campus. The Sustella parking deck and the Oak Street surface lot sections F, G and H only will be available for overnight parking for residents.
Numerous students, student organizations, and faculty members will available to help students move in during the three days.
During move-in days, all faculty and staff reserved parking spaces (excluding handicap spaces) on main campus, including the Nevins Hall lot and surrounding lots on Georgia Avenue, will be designated for student parking from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Faculty and staff are requested to park in the following parking lots: Admissions, History Department building (formerly known as the Alumni Office), University Center, Martin Hall, and the Oak Street parking deck and surface lot.
For convenience, Parking & Transportation will provide a shuttle bus from the Oak Street lot and other lots off main campus to the shuttle bus stop on Patterson Street
For more information regarding move-in days, visit the Housing and Residence Life website at http://services.valdosta.edu/housing/.