Office of Communication, 1120 Powell Hall
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta, GA 31698
September 11, 2002
VSU hosts annual Family Day
Valdosta State University will host Family Day on Saturday,
Sept. 21. This annual event is open to parents and family members
of all current VSU students.
Activities begin Saturday morning with registration in the University Center. Guests are invited to tour the campus and participate in a variety of activities designed to familiarize them with the VSU community.
Family Day activities are as follows:
* Check-in and on-site reservations, 8-9 a.m., University Center.
* Campus and Downtown Valdosta Tours, 9 a.m., 11 p.m. and 2 p.m. Tours will leave from the University Center.
* Lunch, 12 p.m., University Center Magnolia Room.
* Carry-out dinners, 5:30-6:30 p.m., University Center Magnolia Room.
* VSU Blazers vs. Delta State, 7 p.m., Bazemore-Hyder Stadium.
All events listed above are included in the Family Day Package and can be purchased through Student Activities at a cost of $30 per person. Registration deadline is Friday, Sept. 20; however, on-site reservations will be taken the day of the event. For more information, contact the Student Activities office at 333-5674.